Hey, you! Yes, we mean you (we hope)! We’re looking for a creative, articulate, motivated and super smart Content Strategist. We need an additional team member on the front lines alongside our client-facing team to help guide our clients through branding and web strategy. Keep reading for the full scoop.
Who is Kicks Digital Marketing?
We are a tight-knit, hardworking team dedicated to helping (mostly) Indiana businesses conquer the web. We work together to craft our client’s brand messaging, digital stories, and web presence. You’ll love being a part of this team!
What do we need you to do?
We’re looking for an experienced team and people-oriented writer who would be responsible for client interfacing discovery meetings, supplemental brand, competitive, product or service-based research, content curation, and editing. The role will work primarily on foundational branding and web development projects. Secondarily, the role may require writing for the Kicks Digital brand and blog writing for our ongoing marketing clients.
Our Content Strategist will work directly with the Director of Marketing and Partnership Director, as well as clients. We believe the best way to deliver the brand’s voice is to hear it directly, so interviewing the client and crafting a process that works for complete discovery and project delivery will be critical.
- Collaborate with a variety of clients and business verticals to formulate or refine brand and content strategies
- Participate in team-oriented pitches, presentations and interviews
- Conduct 1:1 client interviews, competitor analysis, keyword and supplemental research
- Prepare brand messaging recommendations which might include: mission, vision, value, positioning and promise statements, key messages/headlines or taglines
- Prepare content recommendations that balance SEO best-practices and brand messaging
- Make recommendations and work with our Marketing Strategist and Senior Developer to implement site architecture and design improvements with the goal of improved search visibility, page speed, and mobile-friendliness
- Map out site architecture and content URLs for new and existing verticals to ensure optimal search visibility and user experience
What you will need to have.
Experience is gained in the field; however, we’d like you to have a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or the equivalent of experience and understanding in content and digital strategy. We’ll require 4-7 years of client-facing and, or agency experience. This experience includes excellent copy-editing and proof-reading skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously through prioritization and workload scheduling; work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
- 4-7 years of experience with SEO and passionate about staying up-to-date with best practices
- Strong English communication, writing, and grammar skills – please send us (3) samples of your work
- Strong interpersonal and interviewing skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Candidate must “get” our Foolishness, have a sense of humor, and work well in a collaborative environment
- Experience with industry tools (We’re super users of Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Moz.)
If you are interested in the experience we’ve described and want to work with an awesome team, send your resume and (3) samples to email@example.com or submit your resume using the form below.