Kicks Digital Marketing is looking for an experienced graphic designer who will be responsible for planning, advising, and executing design production for Kicks and our clients. We are looking for creative go-getters with an inventive drive, who are excited to create smart work in a sometimes fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate understands all phases of content creation from design thinking to execution, ensuring all production meets clients’ business goals and objectives. Qualified candidates will be able to build strategies and transform them into custom design solutions for various brands.
Candidates must also display a strong understanding of the entire marketing ecosystem (e.g. branding, web development, UI/UX, social media, email marketing and design impact).
- The Design Lead position is unique within Kicks, as they will work within each of our service offerings:
- Sales — scoping and proposal
- Projects — large-scale branding and web projects
- Marketing — ongoing social media needs, paid ads, etc.
- Participate in pre-sales scoping to provide insight on design and opportunities for brand improvement
- Assist the team in developing wireframes, mockups, and marketing examples for project scopes
- Develop full-scale website designs using tools like XD, Sketch, and Figma
- Work with Project Manager to execute seamless transition between stages of content and development
- Partner with Content Writers to ideate cohesive copy and design
- Identify brand/campaign objectives and goals while establishing quality standards and design learning
- Translate marketing briefs, insights, and strategies into innovative, custom design ideas
- Design in a range of visual styles as appropriate for different clients and mediums
- Produce design content for social media posting, blogs, and paid advertising
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience in agency design, web design, brand strategy
- Professional experience working within an agency across teams — including freelance designers — to create functional visual outcomes
- Advanced knowledge in design tools like Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, and Zeplin with a specific focus on XD, Figma, or Sketch
- Meticulous design flow with clean asset grouping and file naming
- Strong internal and external communication skills and professionalism; able to represent Kicks positively to all clients
- Highly collaborative, with an ability to balance a variety of needs for Kicks and our clients
- Craft compelling visual narratives on a variety of channels
- Knowledge of printing procedures, photography, illustration, and verbal and written communication — strong animation skills are a plus
- A broad thinker, capable of communicating a variety of design solutions
- Strong understanding of the cultural trends shaping consumer behavior
- Digitally connected and passionate about technology and how it applies to our industry
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Portfolio required