Freelance Web Designer
Kicks Digital Marketing is looking for an experienced Freelance Web Designer who will be responsible for preparing, advising, and executing website design production for Kicks and our clients. We are looking for creative go-getters with an inventive drive, who are excited to create smart work in a sometimes fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate understands all phases of content creation from design thinking to execution, ensuring all production meets clients’ business goals and objectives. Qualified candidates will be able to build strategies into custom design solutions for various brands. While working within the content discipline, candidates must also display a strong understanding of the entire marketing ecosystem (e.g. branding, web development, UI/UX, social media, email marketing, and design impact).
The Freelance Web Designer is unique within Kicks, as they will work within both of our divisions:
- Projects — large-scale branding and web projects
- Marketing — existing sites with landing page designs
- Assist Project team in developing wireframes, mockups, and marketing examples for project scopes
- Develop full-scale website designs including the visual graphics for each site
- Understand the project workflow to ensure deadlines are met in content to design transitions, as well as design to development transitions
- 4-6+ years of relevant experience in agency design, web design, brand strategy
- Professional experience working within an agency across teams — including freelance designers — to create functional visual outcomes
- Strong internal and external communication skills and professionalism; able to represent Kicks positively to all clients
- Highly collaborative, and a specialist in balancing a variety of needs across a company
- Strong working knowledge of design software, with the ability to create and work within aesthetic brand standards
- File and format all design work in the appropriate format and location in compliance with Kicks processes
- Knowledge of printing procedures, photography, illustration, animations, and verbal and written communication
- A broad thinker, capable of communicating a variety of design solutions
- Strong understanding of the cultural trends shaping consumer behavior
- Digitally connected and passionate about technology and how it applies to our industry
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Portfolio required
- Adobe Creative Suite with a minimum proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and XD.